Would you like to gain experience volunteering in a heritage property? Are you interested in learning more about Beatrix Potter and the Lake District?
Hill Top is a delightful, small farmhouse where Beatrix Potter wrote and illustrated many of her famous children’s tales. Now looked after by the National Trust, volunteers are needed to provide a warm welcome and engage visitors with the site! Other tasks may include:
- Supporting visitors by providing them with information and guidance
- Welcoming visitors at several points throughout their visit, not just at the start, so they can ask questions whenever they need to
- Gathering comments and feedback by chatting to visitors, to aid continual improvement of the visitor experience
- Helping things run as smoothly and safely as possible. This includes understanding the health and safety and fire evacuation procedures at Hill Top
This role will suit somebody who enjoys engaging with the public and has an interest in learning more about Beatrix Potter.
- Volunteers will be a part of a friendly and welcoming staff team
- Volunteers will be provided with the necessary induction, training, equipment and reasonable adjustments to do this role well and safely
- Volunteers are offered expenses to cover agreed travel costs between their home and the place of volunteering
Dates and availability
This role is flexible, so how often you volunteer can be tailored to your preferences. Most volunteers normally volunteer for a morning or afternoon shift for around 3-4 hours, at least once per month.
About Hill Top
Hill Top held special significance for Beatrix Potter and it is still packed with her personal treasures. The farmhouse garden is kept much as she had done herself – you’ll recognise it as the place where Tom Kitten, Mittens, and Moppet played and where Jemima tried to hide her eggs! The 17th century farmhouse is a time capsule of her life, appearing as if Beatrix Potter has just nipped out for a stroll.
Contact email@example.com or 07442 972 270 for more information about how we can personally support you in this role