Do you want to contribute to the overall direction of a vibrant theatre & arts centre?
Carnegie Theatre & Arts Centre is looking to expand its board of trustees. This is a hands-on role that is vital in ensuring the Carnegie remains one of the go-to creative and community hubs of West Cumbria.
- Training and experience in a trustee role
- Opportunities to attend events and meet new people
- Becoming part of a friendly, supportive, and passionate board
- Sharing your skills and experience for a good cause
- Contributing to the local community and economy
Skills and qualities
- Professional accounting, finance or similar qualification
- Strong understanding of financial planning and reporting
- Experience in establishing and setting out strategic goals and direction in organisations
The board is also keen to hear from individuals with marketing experience to sit on the board of directors for Café Carnegie.
Dates and availability
This is regular volunteering opportunity. Trustee meetings occur quarterly. Trustees may also be asked to sit on sub-groups and participate in ad-hoc business meetings. Meetings will be a mix of virtual and in person.
About the organisation
Carnegie Theatre & Arts Centre offers a wide-ranging programme of quality theatre, music, performance, and culture. They are home to an award-winning Music Centre where young people and adults can sing and learn to play musical instruments. By day the beating heart is Cafe Carnegie where you can sit, relax and have conversation over food and drink. By night you can be sat in their beautiful theatre watching a quality show.
Contact email@example.com or 07442 972 270 for more information about how we can personally support you in this role.
NB. The centre is Wheelchair accessible throughout. Assistant Dogs are welcome. A radar key operated toilet for Disabled people and baby-changing facilities are available in the café. There is an induction loop system onsite. Please contact us with any questions or for further support.