Do you enjoy using social media? Would you like to gain more experience in media marketing?
Kendal Museum is looking for a volunteer to create content for their social media channels!
Key tasks will include:
- Using Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to showcase and promote Kendal Museum
- Using photos of objects in the museum to create interest on social media, and to promote any upcoming exhibitions
- Engaging with social media content from other local museums
- Sharing the local history of Kendal in an engaging manner
Full training will be provided. This role will suit someone who would like to gain experience in digital marketing. The volunteer will be expected to undertake a DBS check, which will be free of charge.
- Gaining experience in social media marketing
- Being a part of a friendly team
- The opportunity to engage with and learn from the collection at Kendal Museum
- The choice to volunteer from home or at Kendal Museum – or both!
About Kendal Museum
Kendal Museum was founded in 1796, making it a significant place to learn about local and global history. The museum boasts unique collections of natural history and archaeology. It also has a shop, café and play area, and hosts group visits, events and workshops.
Dates and availability
This is a regular volunteering opportunity. We can work with you to decide what suits you best. Ideally, this role would suit someone who can gift a few hours per week of their time.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 07442 972270 for more information about how we can personally support you in this role.
Nb. Kendal Museum has a disabled toilet and the main floor is wheelchair accessible. There is no lift access to the gallery space downstairs. Please note that this role does not require the volunteer to go into the gallery space. Please contact us with any questions or further support.