Are you interested in the technical side of theatre production?
The Kirkgate Arts and Heritage Centre is looking for volunteer Projectionists to help bring their events to life!
Key tasks will include:
- Preparing the projection area and ensuring all equipment is properly set up before the film or live screening begins
- Managing the lighting of the auditorium
- Switching off the equipment responsibly at the end of an event
Full training will be provided. This role will suit someone who is interested in technology and/or theatre productions.
- Training and experience in technical production
- The opportunity to see, and be a part of, some amazing performances
- Becoming a valued team member of a community led theatre
About the Kirkgate
The Kirkgate is an entertainment and cultural venue at the heart of the lively community of Cockermouth, Cumbria. Whether you enjoy films on a big screen, live music, theatre, exhibitions, shows for children and families or community events, the Kirkgate has something for everyone.
Dates and availability
This is a regular volunteering opportunity. Volunteers are given the option to pick shifts from a rota on a monthly basis. We can work flexibly with you to determine what days would be of interest to you. Shift dates will vary according to when productions are happening. Each shift will last a maximum of 4 hours.
Contact email@example.com or 07442 972 270 for more information about how we can personally support you in this role.
NB. The Kirkgate is fitted with ramps, a lift, and a disabled toilet. Please note that this role may require you to use stairs and stand for a considerable length of time. Please contact us with any questions or for further support.