Are you a handy person who likes practical tasks?
Cumbria’s Museum of Military Life is looking for a handy and competent person to assist with maintaining their exhibitions and to help with building tasks. The volunteer would be a part of a team of friendly people who contribute to keeping the museum a safe, accessible, and welcoming space.
Tasks could include:
- Assisting with the installation and deinstallation of temporary exhibitions
- General upkeep of the museum building, with the support and supervision of the small team of staff
- Small DIY tasks like changing lightbulbs, painting, cleaning windows, bleeding radiators, fitting shelves etc.
This role would be a great fit for someone keen to use their DIY skills in an interesting and friendly setting.
- Meet some great new people
- Learn about over 300 years of Military History
- Be an active contributor to the positive experience of our visitors
- Regular newsletters and volunteer meetings to ensure that you feel like a valued member of the team
Dates & Availability
This role can be flexible based on your availability and the museum’s needs. For example, DIY tasks would take place as and when they were necessary, and assistance with the installation and deinstallation of exhibitions would take place up to twice a year.
About the organisation
Based in Carlisle Castle, Cumbria’s Museum of Military Life tells the 300-year story of Cumbria’s County Infantry Regiment and its soldiers past and present. The museum is home to a variety of items from uniforms, medals and weapons to interactive displays and dioramas. The new state of the art exhibition features a First World War trench environment, immersive audio/visual displays and an interactive trail for young people.
Contact email@example.com or 07442 972 270 for more information about how we can personally support you in this role.
Nb. The museum is on the ground floor of Alma Block, within the Castle. The cobblestones at the Castle entrance may be difficult for those with mobility issues. Please contact us with any questions or for further support.