Are you interested in sharing inspirational stories and facts with others? Would you like to learn more about a medieval house in Cumbria?
Sizergh Castle and Garden is looking for volunteers to engage with visitors and help people get the best out of their visit!
Key tasks will include:
- Responding to the different needs of visitors, including those of people with additional access requirements
- Engaging visitors with inspirational stories, curious facts, and practical information. Or simply allowing the space for visitors to wander at their own pace!
- Wowing visitors with little things that make a big impact, such as opening a door to a secret corridor or room
- Responding to the changing needs of Sizergh. You may like to be involved in exhibition support, conservation, or research
This role will suit someone who enjoys talking to the public and would like to learn more about a historic site.
- Travel expenses between home and your place of volunteering can be reimbursed
- You will spend time in a place that is packed with history
- You will be a part of a varied and enthusiastic team and form new friendships
Dates and availability
This role is flexible, so how often you volunteer can be tailored to your preferences. Most volunteers normally volunteer for a morning or afternoon shift for around 3-4 hours, at least once per month.
About Sizergh Castle and Garden
The site consists of a Medieval manor, a 1600 acre estate, a café, a gift shop, and a second-hand bookshop. The house is filled with items collected by 26 generations of the Strickland family. The rich gardens include a mirror lake, a colourful herbaceous border, a working kitchen garden, an apple orchard, and a limestone rock garden. The estate is home to a variety of wildlife and flowers.
Contact email@example.com or 07442 972 270 for more information about how we can personally support you in this role.