Do you enjoy being outside in nature? Would you like to be a gardener at a busy National Trust Site?
You could be one of Hill Top’s Garden and Parks volunteers!
About the role
If you love gardens, you’ll know they need lots of care and attention. The volunteers at Hill Top help with the upkeep, development, and protection of some of the most beautiful and important gardens and parklands in the UK – so visitors and wildlife can enjoy them.
- Contributing to the current and future vision of Hill Top
- Maintaining high presentation standards and good plant health
- Helping the team with everyday practical tasks to keep the garden/parks looking its best e.g. – tidying up, dead-heading, weeding and caring for borders
- Helping out with the planned development by e.g. planting trees and shrubs
- Being a friendly face for visitors and answering any questions
- Being part of a varied and enthusiastic team and making new friends
- Helping us deliver our commitment to sustainability
The National Trust wants all volunteers to feel welcome and to have an equally positive experience when volunteering, so will:
- Provide with the necessary induction, training, equipment and reasonable adjustments to do this role well and safely
- Offer expenses to cover agreed travel costs between home and place of volunteering.
Skills & Qualities
This role will suit you if you are enthusiastic about the great outdoors and interested in learning about gardening. If you are happy to volunteer outside, despite the changing Cumbrian weather, this is the role for you! Please know that full support and training will be provided.
By getting involved, you could…
- Learn more about Hill Top and the work of the National Trust
- Enjoy the benefits of being active outdoors surrounded by beautiful scenery
- Help preserve gardens and parklands and create that wow factor for our visitors today and future generations
- Develop your own gardening skills and enjoy meeting other keen gardeners
Dates and availability
This would be a continuing volunteer role, the frequency of which would be decided between yourself and your volunteer lead.
About the National Trust
The National Trust is Europe’s largest conservation charity and the wider National Trust team proudly looking after 780 miles of coastline, over 250,000 hectares of land, over 500 historic houses, castles, ancient monuments, gardens, parks and nature reserves (including lighthouses, villages, pubs and a gold mine!). They are a unique charity welcoming millions of people each year, with a vision to open places for the benefit of everyone, forever.
This role will involve working in a garden, which may have steps or uneven surfaces. For accessibility information please email email@example.com.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 07442 972 270 for more information about how we can personally support you in this role.