Would you like to handle museum objects and go behind-the-scenes? You could be Keswick Museum’s Collections Inventory Volunteer!
About the role
Keswick Museum is looking for volunteers to help catalogue their museum objects. This role involves:
- Carefully handling museum objects
- Using Collections Management System Modes to catalogue items
- Researching objects and discovering your favourite one. You can then contribute your findings in an exhibition in the Community Gallery!
- Getting to go behind-the-scenes of a diverse museum collection
- Learning from other members of the museum team
- Taking part in a museum exhibition
- Meeting new and like-minded people.
Skills and Qualities
You will get the most out of this role if you have an attention to detail and some basic IT skills.
Please note that you will have induction training to help you prepare for your role, including collections training with the Assistant Curator.
Dates and Availability
This role is expected to run for approximately one year, and volunteering on a weekly or fortnightly basis would ensure that you gain the most from this opportunity. These can be full days or half days, according to volunteer preference.
About the organisation
Keswick Museum & Art Gallery is a fully accredited museum run largely by volunteers. The museum cares for around 20,000 objects in their collection which reflect life in the Keswick area. The museum is also home to a community gallery which showcases the work of local groups & individuals, as well as a rolling programme of events/activities for all ages.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 07442 972 270 for more information about how we can personally support you in this role.
Nb. The museum is wheelchair accessible throughout except for the Research Room. There is an accessible toilet as well as hearing loops in meeting rooms. Assistance dogs are allowed throughout the building. For more information click here. Please contact us with any questions or for further support